Welcome Back

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 svenkill

svenkill

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:Building websites and forums, helping people out with problems, gaming, golfing, playing hacky sack, snowboarding, and working on jets.
  • PC Specs:i7 @ 4.68 GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

If you got the email and you found yourself back here, I want to first say Welcome Back! I kind of want to summarize what I said in the email to reiterate and add some more things. .

I am starting by reorganizing th forums and theme to being focused on only PC gaming. I talked to Andrew about it and we both thought it would be a better idea to focus ourselves on one market. So what I've done is taken away all the console gaming sections and just made it one section for those of you who still want to talk consoles (and I know there and those guys out there ;) ). I also moved to sub-forums from one section out to the main area since we are more focused on PCs now.

Secondly, I made a new member group called Founding Members and I added the first 8 of you guys who were with us from the start. This is sort of a token of appreciation for trying to make us work. You have more privileges on the boards such as customizing your profile page and giving reputation to other members. I want to add more to that list soon. If you guys have any suggestions on what we can do for you, please let me know, that's what being a community manager is all about.

Finally, I asked somebody to help me make some new grahics for our site and forum. We desperately need a makeover. I want to add a unique forum skin too. Our website will be completely overhauled in the next few weeks...maybe a month, just depends on how much help I can get and how much free time I actually will have. I want to go with a lot more simple design and keep it to only updates and maybe the occasional game review that gets posted.

We are always open to suggestions guys. We would love to hear from everybody in everything from recruitment concerns, to the site, to the forums. This community is just as much Andew's and mine as it is yours.

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

private

• Founding Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hello. The email worked ;)

Hoped everyone had nice holidays. Its cool to see this up again, it brings back good memories

#3 svenkill

svenkill

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:Building websites and forums, helping people out with problems, gaming, golfing, playing hacky sack, snowboarding, and working on jets.
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hey! Glad to see someone. I had a great holiday. Yeah, that's why I started doing all this. I was getting nostalgic and wanted to talk to everyone again. Plus, I would love to see this place actually turn into something bigger than it is.

I talked to Andrew again and he suggested we stick to just a couple of games like Battlefield 3 and Star Wars The Old Replublic. Start a clan, maybe rent a BF3 server.

#4 Airborne Commando

Airborne Commando

Staff Memeber

• Root Admin
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Working long hours, lousy pay, constant peril and if you save the world every once in awhile its on a perk.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Its good to be back, and I commend and thank Jordan for being a huge and the main factor for this returning. Jordan and I have bounced ideas off one another and the two that we've come up with have been Battlefield 3 clan and Star Wars: The Old Republic guild. Both have their pros and cons, and I will be working to put them both up head to head to do as much of a comparison as possible for apples and oranges. Either way we will attempt to gear our structure toward that game, this isn't to say we will lose our current banter, we will just be giving it more direction! I'm really excited to be back and hopefully we'll soon have some great content up to perk your interest! Again big thank you to Jordan for getting the band back together.

#5 svenkill

svenkill

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 862 posts
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to do some more restructuring of the forums today and see what I can come up with. This weekend I'm definately going to buy The Old Republic.

#6 Lkev

Lkev

SFC

• Supermoderator
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

What's happening guys? It's good to be back :D.

#7 svenkill

svenkill

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 862 posts
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hey hey! Welcome back Lkev!

#8 Kaizer009

Kaizer009

CPL

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, anime, music, stuff.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hey guys. Only really remember Svenkill from here, don't even really remember posting more than twice here yet my profile says I have done so 60 times but anyway, I'm pretty keen to start gaming And I just got back from a holiday to explain my lateness in responding to this. I don't have battlefield 3, but I am planning on playing swtor, I was waiting for it to come out in aus but I might just get the digital version and start playing with you guys :P
Edit: sorry for that making little sense, long flight home.

#9 svenkill

svenkill

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 862 posts
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hey, that's awesome! We just got a guild started so we need players. Oh, and welcome back!

PS: not really sure about the post count thing, we updated the software and did a post recount, so there may have been something with that.

#10 Kaizer009

Kaizer009

CPL

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, anime, music, stuff.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

Yeah that makes sense. It might take me a little while to get the game though, I've just spent 3 weeks in England and tomorrow my last year of high school starts, apparently. Really could of used more warning about that >.< anyway its nice to be on a forum again, ever since TWC went downhill I had nothing to post on.

#11 svenkill

svenkill

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 862 posts
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, I logged on to TWC last week and posted a bit, there really isn't a whole lot of people left. We are trying to revive this place and we thought by starting a SWTOR guild would be the perfect way to do that. Hope you stick around man, we need active members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users